We all have to start somewhere. First of all, welcome again. If I were to take a wild guess, you have ended up here because you have an inkling of an interest, if not A LOT of interest, in making some supplemental income. And depending on how dedicated you are, even a full time income!
My website is geared towards people who have a passion for something, it can be anything, and who are interested in making a profit from what they are already putting good time, money, and energy into.
If you are like me when I first started, and that was WITH NOT A CLUE… Laugh Out Loud… I will try to explain, in a nutshell, what this is all about. For those who already have a good idea of what this is about, feel free to skip the “What is Affiliate Marketing?” section below if you wish.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Here on hobbiesmakemonies.com, I am promoting affiliate marketing. What is affiliate marketing you say? I like this definition as stated on smartpassiveincome.com:
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others, and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
So now you’re wondering, “How does this tie in with my passions?” Well… For any hobby that a person has, they most likely need tools, products, and/or programs (e.g. how to’s, diets, counseling, etc.) to accomplish it. Is it coming together? Are you getting the picture?
Literally, for anything out there, there is an affiliate program for it. Let’s say you are interested in bass fishing. There’s an affiliate program for that, check one of them out here.
See, I am not kidding with you 🙂 And that is just one of the many affiliate programs out there for bass fishing!
Go ahead, look up YOUR passion. Go to Google, type in affiliate program + (your passion), and hit Enter! Amazing isn’t it?
I hope you have gotten the picture by now, because it is really simple. If not, feel free to ask me questions by leaving a comment below.
Since you are a novice, I will share with you (and maybe you were clued in as you were browsing through the affiliate programs)… You will need a website first and foremost.
Most, if not all affiliate programs, require you to have one in place already. This is why you will need and want Wealthy Affiliate. With that said, you may proceed 🙂
Why Wealthy Affiliate?
If you are already familiar with affiliate marketing, you will be most interested in Wealthy Affiliate. Why?
- Because I can make a clean conscience promise to you that it is not a scam, and EVERYONE on there can vouch for that. Many at Wealthy Affiliate have been members for years! Go ahead, ask around…
- The quality, connections, tutorials, and platforms they offer is unsurpassed. I do not think you will find what they offer anywhere else!
If you go on there and find that this is not true… That this is a scam, you can come back and berate me in a comment below.
With that said, here are the PROS to Wealthy Affiliate:
- Caters to the most clueless novice (which I was) to the most advanced in this field.
- Private access to owners (you will probably not find that happening anywhere else).
- Get help from a pay-it-forward “community” of 10,000’s of users. Never feel like you have to figure things out on your own!
- Website Support Available 24/7/365. Website back-up available as well.
- Sign up within the first 7 days and get the first premium month for a 59% discount.
- Two FREE, beautifully designed websites available with starter program; 50 with the premium membership.
- Task-based courses, no background knowledge needed (did I mention I was clueless?).
- Training is consistent, current, organized, and very comprehensive. Sign up as you will, no required training.
- What you learn can be applied outside of affiliate marketing. Build websites for promoting different things, ideas, causes, business, etc. Why? The principles for advertising and promoting ANYTHING are the same.
- Leave anytime, hassle free! (Trust me, I left once, but obviously I came back).
- And now the BIG ONE, the “Tech Appeal”: Free Starter Program. No Strings Attached! (Trust me, I did it). Learn for yourself, first hand, what this is all about!
What I believe are the CONS to Wealthy Affiliate:
- The premium program is $49/month. That is not a little bit of money, however…
- You can pay a yearly lump price of $359/year, which drops it down to about $29.92/month. Still not a little bit of money, but definitely nicer.
- Wealthy Affiliate is not a get-rich-quick deal, if that is what you are looking for.
So far those are the only 3 CONS to Wealthy Affiliate that I have. If I find more I WILL definitely edit this page and include them.
Personally, I have to say that I really do love it at Wealthy Affiliate. I honestly believe that the price is well worth all that is offered.
Starter & Premium Program Breakdown
*To learn more, click on the visual above. Once at the Wealthy Affiliate site, scroll down through the folds for even more information.
Not sure what your passion is, but still interested in earning some money?
No worries. Wealthy Affiliate has one of the most lucrative affiliate programs. As a matter of fact, if you aren’t already “gung ho” about starting up your own “passionate” website, I highly recommend launching off with Wealthy Affiliate’s Bootcamp training first.
With hindsight, I wished I had done it first, then secondly my own hobby’s website. You get walked through with a task-based, step-by-step Certification Course (different from Bootcamp) when you start a website for your own interests. Nevertheless, it does not hurt either way you choose.
Here are the reasons for my advice:
1) Wealthy Affiliate pay their affiliates well, they pay at the high end for commission.
2) You still get to learn how to build websites and market, which will translate better when you finally start building websites around your hobbies.
Now to count the cost!
What does it take to be a successful affiliate?
- Hard work
- Have a game plan – write it out!
- Have goals (write them out), be realistic, but don’t forget to still aim high!
- Face your fears – why haven’t I been successful in the past? You may not have had the right help, or enough help at that.
- Only put out quality work, but DO NOT stress trying to be perfect. There is always room for growth and corrections. Mistakes are welcomed!
- First and foremost – do the lessons, take good notes!
- Last but certainly not least, sign up at Wealthy Affiliate and get moving with ZERO DOLLARS!
Jump Right In!
Already have good background knowledge to all this and want to dive right in? Do so by creating a website below, simple as that!
On a Personal Note…
I am just one of the thousands in the Wealthy Affiliate “community”. Go ahead, sign up for your free account, and you will find many in the community who will vouch for what I have said. Feel free to ask among budding and successful entrepreneurs alike as to why they are there and how they became successful.
There is a reason why people have been there for years, and still counting. I make a promise to you right now that this is not a scam nor will you be scammed down the road.
On a softer note I would NOT just like to tell you that this isn’t a scam… I also want to tell you that I truly LOVE it at Wealthy Affiliate. You will find that everyone there does too! That is WHY they are there, and have been around for years!
The CEO’s and founders, Kyle and Carson, are awesome men, who are true to their word and you will find no lies with them. All that they and their associates put out are top quality! If I had to sum up THEIR passion, I would have to say it is helping people!
As for any job, a lot of people leave not because the pay was bad or the job was hard. A lot of people leave because of how the manager or someone else treated them and made them feel.
At Wealthy Affiliate, it’s not just about the money. There is a connection, support, and “family” that money just cannot buy.
I don’t think you will find that anywhere else, and that there is what picks people up and running again when the going gets tough. That there is WHY people stay at Wealthy Affiliate.
I hope to see you there 😀 Look for me, my username is ThreeAngels6. All the best and see you around!
Questions or comments? Drop them below, thank you!